Print this Page

About Us

In 1890, a one-room public school was built on the north side of Church Road east of Pump Road near the spring. A fire of unknown origin destroyed the building in 1901. The school was named Stand Spring School. In 1902, an acre lot at 11212 Three Chopt Road was acquired and a two-room wood-framed school with a metal roof was constructed. It offered seven grades taught by two teachers. It was named Deep Run Grade School. It closed in 1911, when a new, two story wood framed schoolhouse, with six classrooms was constructed and was named Short Pump High School. It served students in grades 1-9. In 1925, a new brick one-story schoolhouse was constructed at the current location. In 1926, Short Pump Elementary School, located in the Three Chopt District, opened.

Permanent link to this article: https://shortpumpes.henricoschools.us/about-us/